Annie Sloan’s Wax, Lacquer and Paint tins are all manufactured to an industry standard, in line with competitors. Chalk Paint™tins are sealed extra tight. This ensures they remain air-tight and free from contamination.
To open tins, we recommend using a tin opener from a local hardware store. Of course, Annie recommends visiting your local independent where possible! If you cannot get hold of a tin opener, you can use a blunt tool such as a spoon.
Please do not use a sharp object such as a knife or screwdriver, these can cause serious injury if used incorrectly.
Opening the tin
• Ease the tin opener between the top of the lid and the edge of the tin.
• Apply slight pressure and lift upwards.
• Turn the tin a few degrees and repeat the motion. You will feel the air tight seal break and hear a “pop” noise.
• Continue turning the tin until you have covered the whole circumference of the lid before attempting to pry the lid completely off.
• Be as gentle and light handed as possible.
• Following these steps will prevent the lid buckling or damaging the tin.
Closing the tin
• To secure the lid after use, set in place on the top of the tin.
• Place both palms on the lid and apply pressure down until you here a “pop”.
The Wax, Lacquer, and Chalk Paint™ tins are all the same, so you can use this method with every Annie Sloan tin. All metals are susceptible to some bending and denting if not handled gently.